Ginger-lentil soup is a perfect natural remedy for cold season. Also, read about how to boost turmeric absorption to get the best out of it.
- Sauté chopped onion, celery, carrots and minced garlic and ginger in water for 5 minutes.
- Add broth powder, rinsed lentils and enough water (at least twice as much compared to the dry ingredients in the pot). Remember you can always add some more boiled water when the soup is ready to adjust the consistency to your liking.
- Bring the soup to boil and simmer it on low heat for 13-15 minutes. Add coconut milk and mix well.
- Let the soup cool down a bit and then add turmeric and mix well. If you are in a hurry, divide the soup between plates where it cools down a lot faster and add the turmeric to each portion separately.
- Add the peppers to the plate so everyone can choose just how much they want. Sprinkle some lemon juice on top of cooled soup for vitamin C and some nutritional yeast for cheesy flavour and B vitamins.
- Method: Boiling
Keywords: ginger-lentil soup