Super moist and delicious peanut butter plum brownies that will fill your kitchen with fall flavours. It is an easy-to-make recipe that even beginners can manage with.
- 15 dates (use 20 if you are a sweet-tooth)
- 200 ml water
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 1 big ripe banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (no salt, no sugar)
- 250 ml applesauce, sugar-free
- About 10 plums
- 120 g (4.23oz) raw buckwheat flour
- 155 g (5.47oz) oat flour
- 2 heaped tbsp (about 21g) carob powder
- 2 heaped tbsp (about 21g) raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- A dash of cayenne pepper (be careful)
- In a small bowl, cover the chopped dates with 200ml water and let soak for at least 15 minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix together the flours, baking powder, carob powder, cacao powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Place the dates with the soak water, banana, peanut butter, and coconut milk into a blender and blend until smooth. Add applesauce and blend again.
- Add this date mixture to the bowl of dry ingredients, and mix with spoon until all the dry ingredients have disappeared.
- Spoon half of the batter into a round or square baking tin (bottom lined with parchment paper and sides greased with a bit of coconut oil).
- Cover the batter with plum halves.
- Pour the rest of the batter onto the plums and even with spoon.
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C). Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool in the tin for at least 15 to 20 minutes before removing.
- Method: Baking
- Serving Size: 1 slice (76g)
- Calories: 139 kcal
- Fat: 3.35g
- Saturated Fat: 1.69g
- Carbohydrates: 23.6g
- Fiber: 3.72g
- Protein: 3.53g
Keywords: peanut butter plum brownies